The activity is going on through CE (continual education) and organizing professional seminars- gatherings:
- congresses every four years
- symposium of health workers (meetings in May and October)
- educational seminars
- study travels
The Association has its part in national programmes which consider the protection of special groups of citizens: invalids, mentally retarded people, children and youth, the elders, mothers, infants, pregnant women, etc.
It also is a part of making and deciding about the work methodology in health, for every professional discipline, and a standard norm, which it proposes to the Ministry of Health, to the Government, etc.
It organizes schools for special professional elaboration of health workers, especially nurses ( paediatrics, chemathology, nefrology, patronage, etc).
It studies the problems for professional elaboration of health workers, it suggests adequate resolvings and regulations.
It presents the nurses of Serbia all over the world, it is a national representative of NNA of our country.
ACTIVITIES IN PUBLISHING
- Bulletin (guideline) – three times a year, first edition in 1955.
- Magazine "Nurse’s mirror"
- Corpus of professional practice, after every professional gathering
- Technical brochures – dedicated to anniversaries in health
- Propaganda material for professional gatherings - posters, working programmes, notifications
- Press conferences in Media centre
- Taking part in TV and radio showes
- Daily release
- Professional books of the authors who are members of the Association
- Translations of professional books, at the recommendation of the ICN
THE ASSOCIATION COORDINATES:
- Businesses that consider work market and empolyment of health workers in the country and abroad
- It gives and accredits the acknowledgements obout the membership in the Association and the necessary documentation for employing their members in abroad
- Appear for their members (if they ask) in front of the organs and others for getting their legal rights
THE ASSOCIATION WORKS WITH:
- schools and faculties for education of health personnel
- state organs and institutions
- health organizations
- similar professional associations in the country and abroad
- labour unions
- Red cross
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- ICN (International Council of Nurses)
- Humanitarian organizations